Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Inevitable Second Guessing

All signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon. Now comes the inevitable "buyers' remorse." About 30 minutes after I registered (& spend my money), I started thinking this is the dumbest thing I've ever done. I understand that's quite a normal response to making such a large commitment, but I'm freaking out about many different things... not the least of which is worrying that I can't actually do this.

Too late now, right?

Now I'm looking at new shoes. I've always been a VFF girl, but I've been informed my beloved VFFs might not be so great for my feet anymore. At the very least, I need to change out between VFF & more traditional running shoes to alleviate some pain in the balls of my feet. I'm on the hunt & have no idea what to buy. I'm thinking about Mizunos. Husband has them & is in love with them. I guess I'll just have to try them out. We have a local sports store that has a treadmill available to try out new running sneakers. Additionally, I need to buy cold weather gear... & that's wicked expensive.

That's my project for next week. New shoes & cold weather gear. My credit card company is going to love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment