Wednesday, October 12, 2011

11 Days...

Yowza. The 2011 Venice Marathon is 11 days away


If you've been following the blog, then you know the past few weeks have been practically non-existent training-wise. Life got in the way, as it often does. I got sick, found out my dog has cancer, & got sick again. That means my longest training run was 16 miles on September 11th. And as I write this, I'm still a bit under the weather (in my lungs).


Here's what I know: people have run marathons on less training. People "wing it" all the time with marathons. I've been chatting with some folks on DailyMile, so I know it's completely possible. But I'm not sure I feel it's completely possible... & endurance running is as much a mind game as a physical one. Can I whip my body back into shape? If I can stop coughing up icky stuff, yes I can. But can I get my confidence back? ...I have no idea.


I sincerely hope I feel well enough tomorrow to run tomorrow. I would like to come home from work & log my standard 5 miles. That would help to build me up, buttercup. My body is playing a race against the calendar. I hope my body wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment