Monday, July 23, 2012

Good Grief!

Wow! It's been over a month since my last post. I bet you're wondering what I've been doing in that time. Right? ..... um... right?

No? Well, that's sad for me.

I'll tell you anyway. Mr. X left on deployment very recently, which is why I held back from blogging. We spent our time together, ate a lot of dinners out, & focused on enjoying ourselves together before he left. Of course, that meant not eating very heathy, but who cares? It was yummy & it was a good time to enjoy ourselves.

Now that he's gone, I've managed to keep myself busy. I've been working on Penny's discipline. She's getting better on a leash. She's driving me crazy in the house, though. But she's a good dog... just needs to grow out of her puppyhood.

I just started training for my next half marathon. This time, I'm heading to Munich to run! It's supposed to be flat, so no worries about ridiculous hills like last time. Going with friends, one of whom is running, so it should be a good time. I'm targeting 2:00:00 -- 2:15:00 for a PR & already working hard towards that goal. And it'll help to run off the weight I gained as Mr. X was leaving.

And finally, I'm taking a huge-gi-normous step: I've registered to take the LSAT on 1 December. In London. So even if I suck at it, at least London won't suck. Trying to talk a pal into meeting me there... check her out here. This means I'm spending a lot of time with my nose in a book, taking practice tests, & trying to whip my brain into standardized-test-taking shape. After that, we'll see what happens. I make no committment to law school at this point. I just need to know know if my dream could ever become a reality. This is the first step toward that dream.

That's it for now. Life moves on. I get to see the new Batman movie on Saturday (we get movies a week after they premiere). That's the only excitement I get. And that's okay. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment