Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh. My. God.

I got back out on the road, as you can see by my link to DailyMile. Yes, I got out & ran 2 miles. It took me 27 minutes. I wore my new NB sneakers; that was a strange experience. Makes me miss my VFFs. But I didn't mind too much because I had no foot pain during & after the run. The sneakers were a positive addition to my running.

Not so great was my time. I know I need to take it easy on myself. After 6 weeks off from my injury, I have to understand I've lost some lung capacity & leg strength. But 27 minutes for two miles? I used to be able to run a 5k in that time! It's amazing how quickly our running bodies deteriorate when we are forced to take time off. It was also the first time running with my husband. So after all my bragging that I've transformed myself into a runner, he was practically walking next to me. I was so slow, he couldn't run slow enough. It was miserable.

And today, 2 days removed from the comeback run? My thighs still hurt.

We're back at it tonight. 2 more miles. I'm hoping it will be less miserable than Monday night. I plan to wrap my thighs compression-style after this run to aid in recovery. I <3 compression. Looking into Zensah's thigh sleeves. I already have their calf sleeves; I wear them during the run. I've had such positive results, I'm wishing on a star for a pair of thigh sleeves. Imagine running with no recovery pain... I would love that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment