Friday, January 14, 2011

What Methylprednisolone Acetate injection looks like...

This is what a Methylprednisolone Acetate injection looks like... all swollen like a bee sting.

It's been 3 days & I'm surprised the injection site is still sore. In fact, my foot feels weird.

Why an injection to the foot? Because I had a confirmed diagnosis of Morton's neuroma. So I decided to succumb to the idea of the injection just to see if it would work. I won't know until Saturday; it's the first day I can run. Going to test it out for a nice, slow-paced 2 mile run.

This is difficult. I want to run, but I keep being held back by my physical condition. I know I have to lay off the physical activity, but it's so hard to be inactive. I spent a week skiing... & while skiing's not my favorite thing in the world, it felt great to put my body thru its paces. I'm really looking forward to getting into my marathon training & proving to myself that I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment