Monday, March 14, 2011

ShamROCK & Run!

This past Saturday, I participated in a local 5k event, the Shamrock Run. I finished in 34.52, which is fairly close to my PR for a 5k... the answer to your unspoken question is "Yes, I'm super pleased." This pic was taken before the race; you can clearly see I'm sporting my green plaid Running Skirt. I have a whole drawer full of these things now; teamed with BodyGlide, they're uber comfy. I prefer the athletic skirt to the bona fide running skirt... I just find the shorts are more comfortable than the trunks, but it's all about personal preference.

Most importantly, I got back out there & started running again. As previously posted, I've been in a complete exercise funk since I found I wouldn't be able to run Edinburgh. Plus, all the leg/foot injuries had been keeping me down. It was great to get out & participate in a fun local event & not do too badly for all my lack-of-running. I even rewarded myself with a new purchase (which I'll write about later once I've tried out the purchase). And finally, the weather is AWESOME so I can pound pavement instead of my treadmill.

All in all, a great couple of days & I'm ready for a new season of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment