Monday, June 27, 2011

Thanks a Lot, Dread Pirate Roberts!

In the inimitable words of the Dread Pirate Roberts, I guess I'll have to get used to disappointment.


My disappointment is sadly self-inflicted. I spent the weekend feeling exhausted & spent the majority of it re-watching Lost S1 on Blu-Ray. With a lot of naps thrown in. This would normally make for a most excellent weekend, but I had some running to do & I didn't do it. I didn't run Saturday to make up for Friday, & I didn't wake up early enough on Sunday to get out & run before the 90-degree heat took over. The only productive thing I did was Saturday, which took the form of cleaning the top floor of my house. The entire top floor, so that's something...

Now I'm engaged in the time-honored tradition of the "make up." I'm trying to figure out how I can get those 7 miles squished into my schedule... & not really seeing a window at all. And the truth is that I should let it go & forgive myself. Everyone misses runs/exercise now & then. I know my own body & patterns; I know this is going to happen once a month. So why don't I have the mental fortitude to fight it off?

So friends, I ask you: when the issue is mental & not actually physical, what techniques do you use to push thru & get the miles in?

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm more of a hobby runner but getting dressed to workout helps me. If I can go through all the trouble to get myself dressed to workout then I'm damn well going to get the running/working out done

    ReplyDelete