Sunday, July 24, 2011

Breakdown: Week 7 while I'm in heaven

Running whilst on vacation is hard. Just hard. There's no motivation to do anything except drink adult beverages & lay in the sun. So that's what I've been doing...

Monday: Packing day & taking the dogs to the kennel. I spent the afternoon at the beauty shop getting all pretty-fied for my trip.

Tuesday-Saturday: Malta, baby...Malta. Weather is sunny, a bit windy to keep you cool, & in the 90s all day long. The only physical challenge I've faced is avoiding sunburn. And staying hydrated while on open-top bus tours of the island.

Sunday: Guilt finally got the better of me. I hit the hotel gym for a quick 3.5 mile run. It's just too hot here to run outside & I'm not waking up early enough to run in the morning. So I figured a treadmill would be an acceptable substitute. I'm glad I did it, too. It was nice to work out some of the toxins (i.e. adult beverages) I've been putting into my body for the last week. I followed up my run with some swimming in the Mediterranean, sun-worship, & reading some trash novels. It was epic.

The plan is to run a little bit each day until we return home... which is Thursday & makes me sad. How you not be sad to leave a view like this?

View from our balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment