Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Perfect Week

I can't believe it. I certainly did it, but I can't believe it. I had a perfect fitness week. I completed every single training run, all my strength training, my cross train day (skiing FTW), & even the rest days. I got my new Brooks PureConnect shoes, Saucony Kinvaras, KT Tape, & foam roller in the mail. I even used the foam roller (still haven't had the chance to try the shoes yet). I used my BelieveIAm training journal every single day to keep my spirits up.

Today, it was the first long run of my training cycle. Sure, it was only 5 miles, but that's a big deal for me. Ever since the Epic Marathon Fail of 2011, I haven't been able to log serious miles. I think the farthest I've been able to run was 4.56 miles... not exactly exceptional. For me, today was a test of how much stronger my IT band has become. And the result? 5.1 miles in under an hour. Exactly what I used to be able to run pre-marathon.

It was running skirt weather, though I opted for long sleeves. I'm glad I did; the wind was wicked! I didn't notice it until I got to the main street; I spent the first 1.5 miles holding my hat on my head. Mr. X was out & about on his motorcycle, so he rode by & picked up my hat so I didn't have to worry about it anymore. I also wore a new sports bra, the Moving Comfort Fiona. It felt odd with my Garmin heart rate strap, but it held "the girls" in place. I look forward to the day when my body looks good in just a sports bra & running skirt. Maybe this summer?

5.1 miles in a skirt? I haz a happy.
And the best part? I think I could've kept going... & I feel great in the aftermath.

A perfect week.

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!! I am hoping to run a 10k next month, I am at 4 miles and trying to get those last few in! Such a challenge to push yourself to something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I've got a 10k planned in March, too. It feels awesome to finally be able to log miles... I've been struggling since October. Of course, my left calf still hates me right now, but I can live with it.

      Delete