Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm Registered!

After all the fear & worry, I registerd for TWO half marathons... on back-to-back weekends.

Gardaland Half Marathon, Moonlight Half Marathon
I understand this might not be the wisest choice. But if I miss one, I know I'll end up in the other one. Maybe I can even accomplish BOTH... wouldn't that be epic? With the Gardaland Half Marathon, I get a day in an amusement park following the run. With the Moonlight Half Marathon, I get a night run next to the ocean. To mean, that's a win-win!

Registering for a race has become a big deal for me. After my wretched DNF in October, I think I'm terrified of big, organized races. And yet, I know I have to do this. I have to get across a finish line. For me & me alone. So here it is. The chance to finish TWO races & build my confidence. If I can pull one of these races off, then I can start looking toward fall marathons & figuring out which one makes sense for me.

In the meantime, I'll be working on my nuun Hood-to-Coast Relay Team entry. Yes, I'm planning to apply. I may not be the fastest runner ever, but I've got the heart. I know I can do it. I'll keep you posted if anything develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment