Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Madness: Week 1 Results

Week 1 of March Madness is complete & it's time to check in.

Yes, I still need a pedicure.
I gotta be honest: I'm pretty happy with this result. Remember, I started my week by declaring my intention. Then I decided to binge on sushi, donuts, proscuitto, cheese, chips & an amount of Coca Cola that would turn you diabetic just by reading it. I even threw my IBS into motion, which made me feel even worse.

I woke up Monday determined to do some "clean eating" & be better. And so, from Monday to Thursday, all I've eaten is clean foods: lean meats, brown rice for carbs, & carbs at the right times of the day (for my body). And here we are! In a week where I expected to simply maintain my 150.2 lbs starting place & be happy about it, I'm actually down a bit. I expect my results will improve as the month goes on & I focus on clean eating, but this is a 100% awesome (& unexpected) result. Onto Week 2!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a pretty awesome result, considering I really didn't deserve it for eating the way I ate over the weekend. I hate weekends... they're the toughest time for me. Somehow I always end up eating things that are not good. Going to attempt to buck that trend this weekend.

      Delete