Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness: Week 2 is good in theory...

This is one of those things that sounds good in theory, but isn't so great in practical application.

My last weight in was 149 lbs. I'd lost a pound I straight-up didn't deserve (hi binge eating & shame spiral), so I was very pleased to lose that one pound.

This morning, my Thursday weigh-in time, this happened:

Blurry, but it reads 146.4 lbs.
 Um... what? Ideally, a person loses 2 lbs. a week. That's really the maximum weight to lose per week & still do it SAFELY. Something has clearly gone wonky with  my diet, because this was just a little too much weight to lose in one week. Not crisis, but not a good trend if you know what I mean. And I know most people would be crazy-happy with this result. But for me, trying to be an athlete, this means my body didn't get enough fuel last week. And no, I'm not dehydrated; I drink about 4.5 liters of water a day! (sometimes even with a nuun tab thrown in)

I sent my food diary to my trainer & starting today, there are a few added items to my meal plan to increase my calories. This will be a very good thing; it means more energy...& who doesn't love more energy? And to reiterate: I understand this is not a crisis. I'm not starving myself or anything. My meal plan is highly regulated; I eat 5-6 times a day. The problem is always about what I'm eating. Turns out the most expedient veggie isn't necessarily the best veggie to eat (snacking on red bell peppers & cucumbers = not enough fuel for my body). So I'm making those adjustments this week. Which also means my next weigh-in should have far less dramatic results. And yes, that's a very good thing. At this rate, I have no worries; I'll get below 145 lbs. this month for sure!   :D

No comments:

Post a Comment