Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gut Check Time

Last week was my first full week back to physical exercise since the injection. The injection appears to be successful; I haven't had any real issues since I got it. A little twinge here & there, but nothing debilitating. It's usually a result of my putting my foot down wrong... or sadly, wearing high heels (which I think I may have to give up until after the marathon).

Everything seems to be holding together well, except for my lungs. I didn't do anything to maintain my cardio fitness while I was injured, so I lost all my lung capacity. Now I'm focusing on breathing & putting my lungs back together.

I'm getting a little scared. It's definitely gut-check time. Formal marathon training program begins 31 January 2011. Then it's 16 weeks until the 2011 Edinburgh Marathon, full speed ahead. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. But I figure even if I end up walking the last part of it, at least I'll have accomplished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment