Sunday, January 30, 2011

Starting Monday...

As you can see by the photo, all my new gear is here. I've got the Wahoo Fitness Run Pack for my iPhone 4 & I'm really looking forward to using it. Well, I'm still waiting for the iPhone case, but the hardware is still awesome.


See the EMF shirt? That's one of my brandy-new Edinburgh Marathon shirt! All of these items showed up in my mailbox the exact same day. If I hadn't triggered my Morton's Neuroma by using my Vibram FiveFingers for the first time in 2 months, it would've been a totally awesome day.


So now it's Sunday, the day before my official marathon training begins. Monday, 31 January 2011, marks the beginning of a grueling 16-week training program that will probably reduce me to tears & a psychological breakdown. Thoughts on the evening before I being? Mostly terror: my biggest concern/worry is that I won't be able to finish this. I'm worried about my stupid foot acting up & inhibiting me from achieving this goal. But as with all things, the only way past is through... so in the words of Michael Bluth on "Arrested Development" (awesome TV show, by the way), I'm going to keep my head down & power through.


Let the 16-week transformative experience begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment