Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Changing the Battle Plan

Since I started running, I've always had much affection for Runkeeper, a great iPhone/Android app that can track just about all your running info. Since its inception, there have been numerous updates to the app... stuff like Heart Rate monitoring & Fitness Classes designed for training purposes. When I decided to run a marathon, I figured Runkeeper would be my partner.

That was true... right up until I ended up in the middle of the "wrong sneakers" dilemma. Now I'm so far behind in my Fitness Class that I really need to just start over again. Unfortunately, I've only got 12 weeks & the Fitness Class for marathon training is 16 weeks. And I'm nothing if not meticulous about a plan; plans keep me on target.

So I'm about to switch to another app I've got stashed on my iPhone called Run Coach Pro. This app is designed around time spent running, not distance. Right now, this method feels far less intimidating to me. I think I can focus better on time spent rather than distances covered.

Yes, it's a bit risky/crazy to switch battle plans... but at this stage, I need to feel like my goal is achievable. Running to meet the distance just doesn't feel good to me right now. I've never tried to run to meet an amount of time spent running, so I'm going to try it. Anything that'll get me to the finish line is worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment