Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Week In...

I've spent the entire week on this new plan with very few hiccups. The first part of the week was 100% awesome. I was able to do my weight training & running with no problem. In fact, the day I ran without socks (Thursday) was the best day I had!


Running on Friday was very difficult. I ended up with severe calf/shin pain, even though I wasn't running fast at all. I decided to call it at 24 minutes. I hope I can get stronger. If not, I'm going to have to adjust my schedule.


The biggest challenge is the weekend. I spent all of Saturday afternoon mowing the lawn. I did it with all my gear, so I was able to track how far I walked & exertion levels. While I only walked a mile, I burned off over 500 calories. That's a butt-load of mowing. I ended up taking an hour long nap immediately following my shower, then fell asleep on the couch.


Sunday has been all about sleep. I slept late & I keep falling asleep on the couch. Muscles in my shoulders & back are screaming at me. It's safe to say I overdid it with the mowing. So forget Long Run Sunday; I'm having sleepy Sunday. And overeating Sunday, mostly because I just feel like crap.


All in all, I'll take my 80% success rate for the week. It's still a work in progress; I have to figure out how to fit 4 runs into my week... or maybe do 3 runs, but make them longer... I'm not sure yet. But I do know I'm getting closer.


And my Newtons are my magic shoes. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment