Thursday, April 7, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Last week was a bad week. I had a lot of personal things going on & I couldn't keep up. So, I took the week to deal with those issues. It was mentally/emotionally exhausting. 

It's always amazing to me how dealing with "issues" can lead to perfection or falling off the wagon absolutely. In my case, I've not only jumped back on the wagon... I've also got the reigns! I've already logged 8 miles this week; that's more than I've done in one week in a very long time. I'm running them all on my Newtons, pictured left. The tech shirt was given to me by Stringherosa, the store where I purchased my Newtons. Yeah, I should've ordered them online (they offer a wicked military discount), but I got overly-excited & bought them on the spot.

As previously mentioned, I suffer from Morton's Neuroma. I used to run in VFFs, but that became impossible for me in November 2010. I've spent a lot of time & money trying to find the proper running shoe for me. I've had all kinds of people make all kinds of recommendations. I've had medical folks telling me I need motion control for flat feet, even though my arches are intact. I've had a pretty rough time of it. But all that's over now that I have my Newtons. These are definitely working for me; I'm on track to have my first 17 mile week since October 2010! And I couldn't do it without my Newtons. They're the perfect combination of cushioning (for the Morton's Neuroma) & a natural running style that I clearly prefer.

Forgive me for sounding like an advertisment. I can't help it; I'm bubbling over because I'm having so much success. Now it's all about catching my lungs up to my legs... lung capacity has always been my weak point. So I'm working on that. But the most important point is that I'm out there & I'm doing it & I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment