Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And so it begins.

It's "Get Real" time. Monday launched my marathon training program. And as always, I decided to pop off some photos commemorating the inaugural run.

Overly-excited about my Garmin
Mr. X decided to run with me after work, so I had to wait for him. I was pretty excited, though. It was energizing to finally get started on something I've been planning for a long time. When he got home, he changed clothes & we headed out.

About to pound some pavement!
Mr. X & I don't usually run together. He has to hold back quite a bit consider our height (i.e. stride) difference. But it was nice to have a buddy; I even ended up with an average pace of 11.30 over 4.5 miles! That's really quick for me. It was motivating. At the end of the run, I tried to run his pace, but it was simply impossible; my little legs simply do not stretch as far. 

Post run w/Mr. X. Gots my runners high.
It was a great run & a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment