Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board...

...might seem like an odd thing to say after a week of training that looks like this:

http://www.dailymile.com/people/KindleWomen#ref=tophd
Nope, that's not the issue right now. Week 4 went well & I have no complaints.

Today marks the start of Week 5... yes, my training weeks begin on Tuesdays because my long training runs are on Sundays. This morning, I jumped on the scale & did not like what I saw. 

So why/how did I fall off the wagon? Oh, this is easy.

Mistake #1: I became complacent. I figured I knew what to eat so I'd eat it. WRONG. When you get complacent, you think, "Oh, I can have that small piece of cake." But what you don't realize is that you've said that 3 nights in the same week. Complacency = laziness for me.

Mistake #2: I figured I'm running all these miles & I have to make up the caloric difference, so I can basically eat whatever I want. I've never been a binger; I don't gorge. But I do enjoy cake/sweets. I figured there wouldn't be too much harm because of the caloric load I have to consume to exist & lose weight at the same time. The problem is that if you stop paying attention (see Mistake #1 above), then you don't realize you're taking in way more than you need for the day regardless of caloric burn for the day.

So here we are. It's Week 5 & I'm rebooting my eating plan. I've got alarms set to remind me to eat my snacks (I often forget to eat my "snacks"). I'm back on Livestrong using the MyPlate function & iPhone app to track my daily caloric intake. I know it's the right way for me to be. My body loves the eating plan & it's much easier on my sensitive digestive system. For the next 2 weeks, it's total commitment... kind of like a cleanse of sorts. I'll make sure to post my progress during the reboot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment