Friday, September 2, 2011

Small accident, medium problem

I had a bit of an accident at work on Thursday. I was in the bathroom & the floor was slick. My shoe caught in a funny way & I slipped. I hit my ear on the stall; I put my hand between my head & the stall. Slammed my glasses right into my upper-ear-cartilage thing. My legs would've went out from underneath me if I hadn't caught myself. The only thing I was able to pay attention to was the pain in my ear & head. I didn't pay any attention to my legs... the typical "focusing on the most immediate pain first."

A few hours later, I thought to myself, "wow, my left ankle/calf doesn't feel right." It got progressively worse as the afternoon turned to evening. I wrapped it up for my weight session Thursday night & did all my shoulder exercises in a seated position. I was in a lot of pain.

Friday morning, much the same. I wrapped the ankle & decided to hang out on the couch the entire day. I popped the extended BluRay versions of Lord of the Rings. It has been a long day of doing nothing. I've been miserable all day, thinking about missing my 16 mile run this week. I have no idea what's going to happen next. I think it's just a pulled muscle, but I'm not entirely sure. I've never trained for a marathon before, so I have no idea what an injury like this means in the middle of training. So I'm hanging out, trying to see when/if I feel better. Maybe I push the 16 miles to next Sunday? I have no idea what to do.

And yes, the ear still hurts. Wearing my glasses is not pleasant... every time they slip & I have to adjust them, it hurts. I hit pretty hard, I guess. Hoping Saturday is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment