Monday, October 3, 2011

Breakdown: Week 17 & it's all falling apart...

I suppose I should've seen this coming... this is my second attempt at running a marathon. At least I've made it this far this time...

I got in 5 miles this week. Just 5 miles. Everything has been about Big Dog. And on Friday, I started getting sick... so I missed my 20 miler on Sunday. It's so bad, I actually went to the doctor today. She verified I've got whatever "ebola virus" that's going around the community. It seems to run its course in 5-7 days, so I should be feeling better soon.

I really don't want to give up on the Venice Marathon. But I've missed 2 long runs, quite a few base runs in between, & now I'm sick. The real question is: can I pull myself together in time? I have no idea.

I'm going back to being sick now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment