Sunday, November 13, 2011

On the Road Again...

I probably should've waited for approval from a doctor... but I couldn't help myself. I had to get out & run! I woke up at 0630 & wasn't brave enough for the 37 degree morning. I have an over-developed fear of running in the cold since Venice.

Instead, I made my super-healthy breakfast & waited for the sun to come up. Around 0930, I thought it was warm enough & got ready for my run. It was my first run dressed somewhat properly for the weather. 

What I wore:
  • Kalenji gloves
  • Beanie hat
I didn't get the clothing quite right; got a little too hot for the hat & gloves. Luckily, the jacket has some big zippered pockets, so I was able to take them off & stow them away. The rest of it was good, though, & I didn't get cold at all. It was my first time wearing tights, too. I've always tried to avoid tights. Like most women, I have an aversion to all things spandex. But it seemed like the right thing to wear under the circumstances. I'm glad it worked out.

The run went very well. I noticed I was running pretty quick, so I kept trying to hold myself back. Here are the results:


Smoking it!
I was tempted to run to 5 miles, but I thought I'd already pushed my knee far/fast enough. Maybe another mistake: I decided to try a new style of running. Instead of 10/1 intervals, I'm working on taking a walk break every 3 miles. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 

All in all, it was a great Sunday morning run. I got home, did Week 1 Day 3 of the 100 Push Up challenge, & hit the shower. I couldn't even stand how I smelled! Hoping tomorrow I wake up with no knee pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment