Thursday, November 17, 2011

...& then I screwed up.

You'd think I'd have learned by now...

Last week was awesome. I met with my trainer (for lower leg workouts), started the 100 push-ups challenge, & did some running for the first time since the marathon.  My Sunday run went very well. I was in such a good mood when I got up Monday, I dressed super-nice for work. That's not unusual for me; I like getting dressed in fancy work clothes. And when I started running seriously, I gave up all my fantastic heels in order to preserve my legs. Yes, I switched to flat shoes 24/7 & had all my summer pants hemmed to match.

I never did that with my winter work wear.

So Monday, when I felt awesome & positive, I decided it would be a great day to wear my hands-down favorite pair of heels. Great Jessica Simpson Oxford platforms. I freaking LOVE these shoes. And naturally, it was a huge mistake.

I was fine all day. Great day at work, great dinner at home. But by the time I was getting ready for bed, I felt like I had a spike going from front-to-back straight thru my knee. I had to elevate it to sleep & dosed myself with Motrin.

I've been "uncomfortable" ever since. Not pain, exactly, but the knee cap & muscle in the back of the knee doesn't feel quite right. I've got an "assessment" scheduled with a Physical Therapist tomorrow. I'm really hoping for some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment