Everyone deserves the chance at a fresh start. Sometimes we need a new job or career change, maybe we need to reassess our life choices (starting a family, ending a relationship), or maybe it's the traditional statement "This is the year I stick to the diet." With a new year comes the opportunity to wipe the slate clean & start over.
I'm addicted to starting over. I constantly clean out my closet, delete files from my hard drive, & start reading new books (99.9% of which I finish, by the way). I always want to buy new furniture in order to reinvent my living room (but I never do it). I go thru iPhone & Kindle cases like crazy, just for the change of pace. A whole new year is like crack for me; I brainstorm a butt-ton of things I'd like to accomplish, even if I get unrealistic about it.
For 2012, the list is as follows:
- Finally consolidate my student loans
- Kiss goodbye to the very last of the credit cards
- Get my car repainted & detailed
- Put away my laundry when it's clean (left over from 2011)
- This is the year I'll get down to 140lbs or a size 6, whichever is more reasonable for me (I honestly don't know)
- Finish a half marathon
- Finish a marathon (left over from 2011)